This recipe is brought to you by Mariem Fakhouri, our own Head of Business Development at Hydrogrow. We are combing the decadence of Steak Frites with the fresh bite of coriander, thyme and rosemary. Why not show off your culinary skills to your friends this week with this super easy and delicious dish!
Let's get started
For the Steak
- 2 steaks (rump, but sirloin works as well)
- 2 knobs of butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 springs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
For the Potatoes
4 baking potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 springs rosemary - 5g oregano - 5g thyme
For the Sauce
- 30g parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 big clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chili -1 tbsp red wine vinegar - 2 tbs olive oil
How to make
Sauce: Combine everything in a bowl and mix. Set aside. (You can place your ingredients in a food processer for a smoother texture)
Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Slice the potatoes into thin wedges
- Add wedges to a bowl with the oil and spices. Toss until the wedges are evenly coated.
- Transfer the wedges into a baking tray, and place the herbs above the wedges
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the wedges are crispy on the outside. Flip the potatoes halfway through
Steaks: Remove the steaks from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Season both sides with salt and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, heat oil in a pan on high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place the steak face down and leave undisturbed for 1 minute 30 seconds (this can differ depending on how well-done you like your steak)
- Flip the steak and cook on the other side for 1minute 30 seconds. As soon as you flip the steak, add the butter (1 knob per steak), garlic (1 clove per steak) and rosemary (3 springs per steak). Whilst the steak is cooking, baste the steak with the butter and rosemary
- Let the steak rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing. - Slice your steak into strips, top with the chimichurri sauce.